Let’s move into the bedroom…
Now on to another room in the house where we spend a lot of time – our bedrooms! Just like the living room and kitchen, this room should stay fresh and relaxing. Keep a diffuser on the dresser or nightstand so you can infuse your room with pure essential oils. When you wake up in the morning, diffuse some refreshing oils like Orange, Lemon, Peppermint, Citrus Fresh, Awaken, or Motivation. When you go to bed at night, diffuse some relaxing oils like Stress Away, Peace & Calming, Frankincense, Lavender, Calm, SleepyIze, or Gentle Baby.
If you need a little more help in the sleep department be sure to check out Young Living’s two supplements that were created just for bedtime – SleepEssence and ImmuPro.
SleepEssence contains four powerful essential oils that have unique sleep-enhancing properties in a softgel vegetarian capsule for easy ingestion. Combining Lavender, Vetiver, Valerian, and Ruta essential oils with the hormone melatonin – a well-known sleep aid – SleepEssence is a natural way to enable a full night’s rest.
ImmuPro is a chewable tablet that provides zinc and selenium for proper immune function, along with other chelated minerals that emerging science suggests are more easily absorbed by the body. It also delivers melatonin, which encourages restful sleep by promoting the body’s natural sleep rhythm.
One other area of the bedroom that isn’t discussed much is the romance department. Use oils like Ylang Ylang, Joy, Sensation, or Geranium to diffuse or apply to get you in the mood. For him, you’re going to want to apply Goldenrod, Idaho Blue Spruce, Shutran, or Nutmeg – diluted of course. You can mix up your own DIY Massage Oil using your favorite oils and Young Living’s V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex OR grab one of their premade massage oils – Sensation, Relaxation, Ortho Ease, etc. They’re amazing!
Next up – the bathroom, another room we spend daily time in. This room is a BIG one – loaded with TONS of potentially harmful ingredients. For that reason, we will discuss personal care products first and then move onto the supplement cabinet and your makeup bag.
Remember our discussion earlier about ingredients you want to avoid in the kitchen? Well you’re going to want to avoid them here, too, especially that word “fragrance.” It’s in everything! Here are a few more to watch out for…
- Formaldehyde – This is a preservative that is often seen in lotions, cosmetics, and baby wipes. It’s a known carcinogen and can cause skin and respiratory irritations.
- Phthalates – These are a group of chemicals found in personal care products and many plastics and vinyls. They can affect your endocrine system, reproductive health, and even potentially cause cancer.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) – These are surfactants commonly used as an emulsifying cleaning agent in household cleaning products (laundry detergents, spray cleaners, and dishwasher detergents). In other words they keep things mixed up and help them create lather. Oftentimes they are synthetically derived and have the potential to cause skin irritation.
- Ethanolamines (MEA, DEA, and TEA) – These are found in many household and personal care products and have been linked to organ system toxicity, bioaccumulation, and even cancer.
Good thing Young Living has some safe alternatives! From facial care to hair care to dental and body care – they’ve got you covered. Let’s take a look at some of my favorites…
- Facial Care: Young Living has three main skincare systems to choose from – ART, BLOOM, and Orange Blossom. The ART Skin Care System uses naturally derived ingredients to safely and effectively cleanse, tone, and moisturize your skin to enhance your natural beauty. The BLOOM by Young Living Brightening Skin Care Collection is infused with the most advanced natural ingredients available to brighten the skin’s appearance and add natural radiance. The Orange Blossom line is again made from 100% naturally derived ingredients and infused with essential oils.
- Hair Care: Young Living has several options to choose from – Lavender Mint Daily Shampoo and Conditioner, Lavender Volume Shampoo and Conditioner, Copaiba Vanilla Shampoo and Conditioner, and KidScents Shampoo. They are all made with plant-based ingredients and are infused with Young Living essentials oils, giving it a safe, natural fragrance.
- Dental Care: Young Living has several options to choose from – Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste, Thieves Dentarome Plus Toothpaste, Thieves Dentarome Ultra Toothpaste, Thieves Whitening Toothpaste, and KidScents Toothpaste. They are all fluoride free and free of other harsh ingredients, making them safe for the whole family. Young Living even has Thieves Mouthwash and floss made with ingredients you can trust!
- Body Care: Young Living has many more personal body care items to choose from – face and foot scrubs, eye cream, acne treatment, wrinkle cream, cleansing oils, shave oil, lotions and moisturizers, soaps and bath gels, body butters, bath bombs, lip balms, deodorants, and MORE! Before you know it you will have an entire bathroom full of products you will love and use with confidence.
In your house you may or may not have one of these cabinets, but most people have an area where they keep medicines, homeopathic products, vitamins, or something of this nature. If you don’t, consider making one! Young Living has a wide array of incredible, oil-infused supplements that you are sure to fall in love with. But why choose Young Living supplements over other vitamins from the store or online? Well, sadly, many of those companies fill their vitamins with things like aspartame, sorbitol, Ferrous Fumarate, Titanium Dioxide, artificial colors and flavor, etc. Thankfully Young Living’s supplements contain NONE of those – just plant-based ingredients and essential oils.
D. Gary Young was actually the first to formulate nutritional supplements with essential oils. Essential oils infused into a supplement make the nutrients and vitamins more bioavailable in the body. This means the body can absorb them and use them as nutrients. Essential oils help increase the assimilation (absorption) of other nutrients on a cellular level and they help remove waste from the cells, which helps detoxify them, in turn causing the cells to function at a higher level! Yes please! Let’s take a look at some of their core supplements.
- Master Formula: a full-spectrum, multinutrient complex, providing premium vitamins, minerals, and food-based nutriment to support general health and well-being. By utilizing a Synergistic Suspension Isolation process (SSI technology), ingredients are delivered in three distinct delivery forms. Collectively, these ingredients provide a premium, synergistic complex to support your body.
- Life 9: a proprietary, high-potency probiotic that combines 17 billion live cultures from nine beneficial bacteria strains and helps promote healthy digestion, supports gut health, as well as maintains normal intestinal function for the overall support of a healthy immune system (perfect for older children that can swallow capsules)
- NingXia Red: a powerful, whole-body supplement loaded with superfoods that support normal eye health, energy levels, and the immune system. It contains whole Ningxia wolfberry puree plus aronia, cherry, blueberry, plum, and pomegranate juices and extracts as well as Lemon, Orange, Yuzu, and Tangerine essential oils.
- Super C: plays a role in normal immune and circulatory functions, helps to strengthen connective tissues, and promotes overall health, vitality, and longevity.
- Super Vitamin D: plant-based, highly absorbable, vegan friendly, and completely synthetic free. This source of vitamin D helps support bone growth, healthy muscle, mood and hormone regulation. It also plays a key function in respiratory health, and through its innate and adaptive defense mechanisms, supports the body’s respiratory immune system.
This list doesn’t even touch the surface with the amount of supplements Young Living carries. They have supplements to support nearly every part of your body. Start with a few and build from there! And of course, just to remind you, I am not a doctor. I am not here to treat or diagnose you. Gather your research and discuss these options with your healthcare provider.
If you’re a guy this portion of the class may not apply to you. However, go ahead and stick around. It’s good to know the potential dangers so you can share the information with others. Spread the word! Now let’s dig around our makeup bags and see what products you may want to toss.
Companies have gotten REALLY good at marketing to consumers, convincing them they’re buying a safe (or safer) product. Unfortunately, that may not be the case. There can still be a huge laundry list of ingredients within that could be hazardous to your health. This is called greenwashing. The label makes you FEEL like you’re getting a trustworthy product but once you start researching the ingredients you discover elsewise. Thankfully, Savvy Minerals has banned more than 2,500 ingredients and even some “natural ingredients” other clean makeup companies use. You can rest assured you truly are getting a safe, clean product.
Savvy Minerals is…
- toxin free
- plant based
- essential oil infused
- responsibly sourced
- backed by Seed to Seal
And they’ve got powder foundation, liquid foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lip stick, lip gloss, brushes, and more! So toss that dangerous makeup of the past and replace it with truly clean beauty products that will give you the Savvy face you’ve always wanted.
Just like the kitchen and the bathroom, the laundry room has the potential to hold a LOT of dangerous chemicals in laundry soaps, detergents, softeners, dryer sheets, stain removers and more. We breathe in those chemicals as the laundry is being washed and dried AND we can even be absorbing them as we wear our clothes and snuggle into our blankets and towels. Ahhh! Why risk things like skin, nose, throat, and lung irritation or long-term effects to our organs and hormones? Some of these dangerous chemicals have even been linked to cancer yet they’re still readily available to us and marketed as “safe” and “normal.”
Thankfully, Young Living wants nothing to do with those chemicals and has given you a legitimately SAFE solution with Thieves Laundry Soap. It is made of plant-based ingredients and leaves no chemical or synthetic residue so you can snuggle up with NO worries! It contains natural enzymes and cleaning agents and of course, the most powerful essential oils on the planet. Your clothes will be fresh and clean and left with a light citrus scent, not a heavy perfume. The best part about this soap is that it’s concentrated so a little goes a long way! You can get 64 loads with just one 32-ounce bottle, making it economic AND a safe alternative for your family.
What about those dryer sheets? Toss them… in the trash! You can replace them with dryer balls and essentials oils. It’s such an easy switch! Add 3-5 drops of your choice of essential oil to each dryer ball and freshen up that laundry. Tip: add the oils to the balls at the end of the cycle and let them toss for 5 minutes for best results.
What about stains? Try this recipe using a couple Thieves products and Lemon essential oil.
DIY Stain Spray
- ¼ c Thieves Laundry Soap
- 2 TBSP Thieves Household Cleaner
- 10 drops Lemon
- Distilled water
Add ingredients to 8 oz. spray bottle. Mix well and use on stains as needed.
Want a little extra fragrance in your laundry? Don’t do it with synthetic ingredients. Let’s use the real deal. Check out this easy recipe!
Laundry Scent Booster
- 1 ½ c epsom or sea salt
- ½ c baking soda
- 20-30 drops essential oil(s) of choice
Combine ingredients and stir well. Let air dry and transfer to a glass jar with a lid. Add 2-3 TBSP to the washer before adding clothes. Add in laundry detergent as usual. Enjoy!
I hope this dense class has helped you clean out your home! I know it’s a TON of information to digest and feel very overwhelming. Just remember to take it one step at a time. Every single swap you make can make a HUGE difference!
Need help grabbing some of the awesome products mentioned? Just snag them up here or message me!