A pretty important ditch & switch...
As the gatekeepers of our homes, we have such a great opportunity to bring in healthy products and create healthy habits for ourselves and our families. This month, we're making a simple swap with a big impact. Ditch personal lubricants and use nontoxic massage oils instead!
When it comes to physical intimacy, there are many things that can help or hinder us in the process. One simple way we can enhance our experience with products that don’t harm our health is with this line of massage oils. For use as a personal lubricant, Relaxation or Sensation Massage Oil would be a great choice.
WHY MAKE THE SWITCH?
Unfortunately, both conventional and organic lubricants contain ingredients that can cause harm long after their use. These ingredients are toxic to vaginal tissue and disrupt the sensitive vagnial microbiome (balance of microorganisms that naturally inhabit the vagina). Exposure to these ingredients can lead to discomfort, irritation, and increased risk of infection - even from short-term exposure. Some lubricant ingredients also have the potential to cause chronic health issues including cancer and reproductive problems from repeated exposure.
In fact, there is growing consensus among scientists that the vast majority of lubricants need to be reformulated to be safer than they are now. Ingredients found in common lubricants that have known health consequences include:
- Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben: Preservative chemicals that can irritate vaginal mucous membranes, contribute to genital rashes, and potentially cause fertility problems and endocrine disruption.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate: A disinfectant chemical that can kill strains of lactobacillus, which is a bacteria that is necessary for a healthy microbiome
- Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane: commonly found in silicone-based lubricants, these substances are linked to reproductive harm and uterine cancer in animal studies. Almost no research has ever been conducted to examine the long-term impacts of vaginal exposure to these chemicals in women.
- Natural and artificial flavor, Fragrance: Flavors, fragrances, and aromas can include a mix of chemicals that can cause irritation and allergies, Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, and more...
Sensation Massage Oil
Sensation is formulated to create a beautiful smell that is profoundly romantic, refreshing, and arousing. It amplifies the excitement of experiencing new heights of self-expression and awareness. This blend is also nourishing and hydrating for the skin. The unique blend of essential oils can encourage and amplify an atmosphere of love, excitement, and affection.
- Geranium essential oil is commonly used in perfumes for its uplifting aroma, and it can help balance hormones as well.
- Jasmine essential oil helps you develop a broader perspective with its romantic floral aroma—a very feminine aroma that embraces and exults the sacred masculine—and has been revered for centuries as a symbol of love and purity, harmonizing opposites to promote wholeness.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil has a calming aroma that sets the mood for romance and helps enhance emotional connection.
Relaxation Massage Oil
Relaxation massage oil can help restore a state of calm and invites tranquility to the mind, body, and spirit. The pure vegetable oils blended with essential oils are moisturizing and nourishing to help soothe all skin types. This calming massage oil combines some of our favorite essential oils from across the globe.
- Lavender helps promote feelings of calm and relaxation.
- Ylang Ylang has a calming aroma that sets the mood for romance and helps enhance emotional connection.
- Spearmint and Peppermint are energizing and uplifting to the body and mind.
- Bergamot and Tangerine promote feelings of calm and connection to others.